Monday, April 27, 2009

It's raining hard in Houston. Great time for an ARC.

Another first. My ARCs came in the mail today. These are "advanced reading copies", which the publisher will send to reviewers and also which we'll proofread for spelling, punctuation, etc. It's too late at this point to make substantive changes to the text. We're down to the nitty gritty.

I wasn't blogging yet when we went through two rounds of substantive revisions a few months ago. I'll blog about that process if I'm lucky enough to have a next time. For now, I'll just say that this version of editing is by far my favorite of the two.

I received two copies of the ARC--one to keep and one to mark up and return. In addition to The Bridges of Madison County, I'll be reading this on my flight to Malice Domestic this week.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete